Organic Perfume FAQ
Terms and Conditions
Asana Natural Perfumes is committed to providing the best customer satisfaction possible. To contact us, please e-mail email@example.com
After placing your Asana Natural Perfumes order, you will be sent a receipt and order summary via e-mail. We appreciate your patience as shipments are processed weekly.
Please allow 7 business days for processing. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a second e-mail with a tracking number of your shipment.
All sales are final, non-refundable, and non-transferable and no returns are possible.
How Long Does It take to get my order?
- If you live in canada, please allow 7 biz days for processing and Standard shipping time is from 1 to 3 business days based on your location.
- If you live in the USA, please allow 7 biz days for processing and Standard shipping time is from 4 to 7 business days based on your location.
- At this time, we are only shipping to Canada or USA. If you live outside these areas please contact us with your full postal address for international shipping rates at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does it last?
Essential oils mature and get better with age, they are like wine! When we blend our natural perfume, we let the blend mature for at least 4 weeks. When you order a roll on perfume, we package them into the glass roll on bottle and dilute it with safflower oil. You can expect a shelf life of 2 years with proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Once opened the shelf life is about a year. The essential oil have anti-bacterial properties, however it’s always best to use the roll on on “clean” skin to avoid any dirt entering the bottle.
Are Asana natural perfumes made with organic ingredients?
Asana natural perfumes are not currently certified organic by the USDA as the certification is expensive. However we use certified organic safflower and jojoba oils. Whenever possible we use organic certified essential oils (like lemongrass, frankincense and patchouli for example). Keep in mind that certified organic essential oils are not always available and sometime extremely expensive which would not make our brand affordable.
We ALWAYS use 100% pure essential oils that are therapeutic grade and made with the distillation process. All of our ingredients are 100% natural, we strive to provide a safe and high quality organic perfume.
Are essential oils perfumes safe?
Essential oils are the essence of a plant, they are powerful. The “oil” distilled directly from the plant via a distillation process. They are highly concentrated plant constituents with medicinal and cosmetic qualities.
Essential oils are commonly safe but should be use with the following guidelines:
- Our natural perfume oils are already diluted with a carrier oil (safflower and jojoba oil) for safe usage on your skin.
- We use organic essential oils whenever available so there are no pesticides, fungicides or insecticides residues.
- Never use undiluted essential oils on your skin or it may cause irritation or burns.
- Avoid using essential oils while pregnant or nursing. You can read more here.
- Test if you are sensitive to an essential oil by doing a patch test. Apply one drop of the perfume on the upper part of your arm and wait a few hours. If no redness or itching occurs then you are most likely not sensitive to the essential oil used.
- Keep all essential oils out of the reach of children and pets – and avoid contact with your eyes or other mucous membranes
- If you’re allergic to a specific food, for example oranges, you will be allergic to the orange essential oil so do not use any products that contains it.
Why are natural perfumes expensive?
Asana Natural Perfume oils use essential oils that are steam distilled, therapeutic grade and 100% pure with no additives. The steam distillation of a plant is an expensive and lengthy process. Quality comes with a cost obviously!
We do not use essential oils that are solvent extracted as it is high in toxic substance. Asana Natural perfumes also do not use essential oils that are CO2 extracted as there is not enough study to prove that the quality and compound of the oil is intact.
It takes about 60,000 roses (about 180 lb) to make one ounce (29.57 ml) of rose otto essential oil. Jasmine, Rose, German Chamomile, Neroli and Sandalwood are precious and rare oils and can cost anywhere from $20.00 – $70.00 for only 2ml of essential oil. Organic perfume and organic essential oils are even more expensive because there are available in limited quantities.
Now a bottle of chanel 5 cost around $100 and contains synthetic fragrance and chemicals. There is nothing natural and you only pay for the brand, packaging and marketing.
What is the difference between commercial perfumes and essential oil perfumes like Asana’s?
Commercial perfumes are made with synthetic and fragrance oils. They are manufactured in a laboratory with different chemicals ingredients. Synthetic fragrance oils are designed to copy and imitate the scent of a natural plant or flower. Skin deep considers the ingredient “ fragrance” a level 8 out of 10, (10 being the highest health hazard)
If you look at the ingredients of the perfume j’adore by Dior, you will find the following:
- Fragrance: The word “fragrance” or “parfum” on the product label represents an undisclosed mixture of various scent chemicals and ingredients used as fragrance dispersants such as diethyl phthalate. Fragrance mixes have been associated with allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress and potential effects on the reproductive system.
- BHT: Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) is a toluene-based ingredient used as a preservative in food and personal care products. Concerns are cancer, developmental and reproductive toxicity, allergies.
- Benzophenone-2 is a Fragrance Ingredient, It is not approved for use in United States sunscreens. Strong evidence of hormone disruption, allergies , immunotoxicity.
- FD&C Yellow 5 is a synthetic dye produced from petroleum; this dye is FDA-approved for use in food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- This ingredient may be derived from animals.
- Note From PETA’s Caring Consumer: Pigments from animal, plant, and synthetic sources used to color foods, cosmetics, and other products. Cochineal is from insects. Widely used FD&C and D&C colors are coaltar (bituminous coal) derivatives that are continuously tested on animals due to their carcinogenic properties. Organ system toxicity, persistence and bioaccumulation.
They may call this a perfume; I call it cancer in a bottle!
Essential oil perfumes like Asana Natural Perfumes contains 100% pure, therapeutic grade essential oils that are diluted with an organic carrier oil such as safflower oil and jojoba oil.
Essential oils are the “oil” distilled directly from the plant via a distillation process. They are highly concentrated plant constituents with medicinal and cosmetic qualities.